When Elisa contacted us to photograph this simple Ikebana-inspired surprise celebration for her mother, we were so excited!
Ikebana is the Japanese art of arranging flowers in a way that gives them life. Elise of Lake and Lavender worked with Plume Events to create lovely Ikebana-inspired arrangements for the celebration. In doing so, they breathed life into the iconic Bridge Club.
As photographers based in Durham, we were so excited to be able to head into downtown Raleigh to photograph this celebration. Because Elisa’s attention to detail is incredible, photographing her work is such a joy. We’ve had the honor of working with her for her daughter, Nora’s, third birthday which was so much fun to photograph!
Some of our favorite parts of this celebration:
- the luxurious linens from La Tavola which elevated the room and table!
- Elisa’s mom, Linda’s, face when she realized what was happening;
- Owen, Nora, and Charlotte looking out of the window.
- All of the gorgeous florals — we love that Ikebana arrangements let the beauty of each flower shine through.
- Linda showed up to her party with gifts for OTHERS: her grandchildren! They were fun gifts for Halloween and the kids loved them!
- Elisa’s dad, Rob, made a toast at dinner and the evening light came streaming in through the windows behind him. SO glorious.
You can see the video we made of this beautiful celebration below:
Elisa, thank you for again trusting us with such an important event! We can tell that there is so much love in your family. We feel honored each time we get to work with you!