September 17, 2017
What happens when Lauren of The Lion House asks you to be a part of a beautifully styled baby shower for a soon-to-be-here baby girl? You go.
We jumped at the chance to be a part of this gorgeously designed baby shower at the historic Cannon Room in Raleigh. As if the room itself wasn’t beautiful enough (check out the chandeliers and carved molding!), Lauren assembled one amazing team of vendors to create a simple and sophisticated bash for the mama-to-be, Louise. Louise was greeted by her mother-in-law and sister-in-law who threw this event for her, and spent the afternoon surrounded by her family!
Some of our favorite details from the event:
- the hand-lettered signage, like the chalk board below, done by Hannah Lee Foxwood Studio
- all of the florals were done by Lauren herself!
- no shower is complete without some sweet treats, and Randi, of Sugar Euphoria, outdid herself as usual!
- the peacock chair — we recently found one for our new home and Ian could not understand why I was so excited about our “fancy wicker chair” until he saw this one that Lauren got from the Greenhouse Picker Sisters!
- Belle’s Catering put together so many delicious, Southern hors d’oeuvres for the event — the baked figs and mac and cheese muffins were our favorites
- the drink for the afternoon was the ‘Annabelle-ini — and we’re not sure anything could be more perfect
- the table runner was made of pages of a vintage children’s book
Louise, we wish you the best with your baby girl! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of this event!
Thank you to these artists and vendors for putting this beautiful event together!