Jimalion and Kayana chose a beautiful fall day for a UNC Chapel Hill engagement session to celebrate their 2021 wedding! Like many other couples impacted by COVID, they had to reschedule their wedding, but they have a great team helping them make adjustments to their original plan in order to still have a wonderful event next year.
Jimalion and Kayana are in the process of wrapping up planning for their 2021 wedding, which will be held at the Harvey B. Gantt Center in Charlotte, NC. They wanted a unique, modern space for their wedding and loved the idea of having a museum-esque venue to celebrate their nuptials. With its award-winning design and three levels of space, it certainly makes for a statement backdrop for a wedding, and we can’t wait! Before, though, we decided to photograph their engagement session — Jimalion used to live close to UNC’s campus, and she and Kayana wanted a natural setting for their photos, which the campus is perfect for!
A few things we loved about this UNC Chapel Hill engagement session:
- Jimalion and Kayana’s chic all-black outfits! Kayana even brought her new Jimmy Choos to really kick their session up a notch. 🔥
- They told us their story, which is so fun. It all started with a Tumblr account. Yes, you read that right! These two have been together since 2014 and met when Kayana commented on Jimalion’s writing on her Tumblr account. The rest is history!
- Coker Arboretum and The Forest Theatre really showed off for their session — as did J&K! It was a beautiful fall day and we loved all of the trees with their fiery leaf colors!
- We share a “dativersary” with Jimalion and Kayana — we both started dating on October 31st! (Spooky, we know!)
- After their session, they enjoyed a meal at Med Deli before heading home to Raleigh!
- Jimalion is now convinced she should be a Vogue model. We don’t disagree.
Jimalion and Kayana, we so enjoyed this evening with you two! we can’t wait for your wedding next year with Elana Walker Events! See you then!