Pilot Mountain family photos in Autumn? Yes, please! This may be one of the most perfect backdrops for fall photos in the state of North Carolina!
As photographers based in Durham, NC, we don’t get to do many sessions in the mountains of North Carolina. So we were pretty excited to get to do some Pilot Mountain family photos with the Thomas family this Fall! We met up with Lauren, Vaughan, Finn, and Rory on a beautiful morning. As typical with NC, though, because it was still October, it was WARM! Don’t let these sweaters fool you!
We have slowly been making the shift from Fuji 400H to photographing with Portra and this session really validated that decision for us! The fall colors truly came alive on Portra 400. As always, it’s wonderful to get to work with a photographer friend who lets you experiment and play during a session. We love how these images turned out!
A few of our favorite moments from our time together:
- Finn being super cute on a large rock with Lauren and Vaughan right next to him! We cannot.
- Getting to shoot this ENTIRE session on film!
- Rory let me (Radhika) carry him for a little while 🙂 He’s always been a little shy around me so I’m calling this a win!
- The beautiful double exposures we got to make during this session. You all know how we feel about those!
- Finn was a huge fan of his “rainbow sweater.” So are we!
Lauren and Vaughan, thanks so much for meeting us at Pilot Mountain for these photos. We love your little family and are so thankful for your friendship!