Every intentional detail at this joyful fall wedding was on purpose and handpicked! It was definitely one of our favorites to photograph!
This wedding day was so incredible. It was one of our final weddings for the season and we were happy to spend the day with two people as loving as Rob and Penny. What a joyful fall wedding day they had — they were surrounded by such a fun wedding party and their parents and family members were so gracious the whole day as well. These two have been together for a while, and the comfort that that yields is truly beautiful to witness. Even so, we love when couples get emotional about the next stage in their journey and we definitely saw that from both Rob and Penny throughout their day.
Some of our favorite highlights from the day:
- When Penny and Rob get home, she pinches his butt! 🙂 So guess what happened for their first look…
- The flower girls at this wedding were SO cute and left everyone ooh’ing when they threw more petals when the wedding party was announced!
- Penny’s family is from Laos and they added traditional Laotian dances throughout the reception — all of the guests participated!
- Penny had everyone in stitches during their vows when she said she’d take Rob in “sickness and in health, for richer or richer!”
- Even though we’re wedding photographers based in Durham, this was our first time doing portraits at the American Tobacco Campus! We had the place to ourselves and we love the unique photos that resulted!
- This was the first and only wedding we’ve seen end with foam glow sticks! Hey, we’re here for it!
Penny and Rob, thank you so much for allowing us to photograph your stunning wedding day! We love how comfortable and joyful you are together — it reminds us that strong relationships extend past the honeymoon period! We hope you love these images as much as we do!
This wedding would not have been possible without the following:
Planning: Amanda Blair By Design
Film scanning: The FIND Lab
Catering: Donovan’s Dish
Venue: The Rickhouse
Cake: Nantucket Grill
Bride’s Dress: Tre Bella
Shoes: Badgley Mischka
Groom’s Suit: Perry Ellis
Florals: Wylde Flowers
Officiant: Heidi Gessner
HMUA: Posh Salon
Rentals: CE Rental
Lighting and Draping: Themeworks