We met Karina and Robbie at the wedding showcase that The Meadows hosted early in 2020 before this year turned into a complete dumpster fire. Who could have predicted what this year would look like? Karina and Robbie had plans for a beautiful 2020 wedding, but like so many others, have had to postpone to next year, and we planned this vineyard-inspired engagement for them in the meantime.
Even with the postponement, an engagement session is something that doesn’t have to wait, especially when you can do it safely outside at The Meadows. We worked with Lauren at The Lion House, who designed an elegantly understated French vineyard-inspired engagement session for Karina and Robbie.
A few things we loved about this gorgeously styled engagement:
- Lauren foraged green vines from her own backyard to decorate the swing outside the Aerie House at The Meadows.
- While we were there, we rocked out to the fun karaoke music being played at a quinceañera being held at Heron Hall.
- I’ve shot at a lot of locations at The Meadows, but never at the vineyards or the old white barn structures by the new Bee Downtown beehives, which added some extra interest to Karina and Robbie’s gallery!
- To complete the vineyard-inspired engagement, Lauren brought along a picnic basket filled with cheese, fruits, and bread and completed with a bottle of champagne!
- Karina and Robbie brought two looks: the first, a sophisticated dressy look and the second, a more relaxed. Both were neutral palettes, which tied the whole shoot together really well.
Karina and Robbie, we are so glad that you entered our engagement session giveaway with The Lion House! I hope this session brought a sense of some normalcy to your wedding planning process. We hope you love these images as much as we do! Lauren it’s always a pleasure working with you — thank you for doing such an amazing job with designing this vineyard-inspired engagement session for Karina and Robbie! It was so much fun to photograph.