Lauren and Wally’s plans last year were sidetracked due to COVID, but they were able to celebrate their official one year anniversary with a floral-filled summer wedding at the Bradford, a European-inspired estate that offers tons of stunning backdrops for photos.
Lauren and Wally chose so many thoughtful details to make the day fully their own. Even though they were actually married last year, they wanted to celebrate with all of their family and friends. Lauren wore her wedding dress and handed us some of her precious heirlooms to photograph (including her grandmother’s ring, which they tied the knot with last year!) and incorporated a few new events as well (like their lavender AND sparkler exit)! A few of our favorite moments that occurred at their wedding:
- During the ceremony, Wally was really emotional while reading his vows. His best man stepped forward and put a loving hand on his back.
- We captured lots of images of Maddie, their flower girl, spinning in her beautiful dress. But our favorite was of a quiet moment of her looking out of the window as guests arrived before the ceremony.
- Lauren and Wally chose a petal throw at the recessional so they wouldn’t have little seeds stuck to them for the entire evening. However, they wanted to incorporate lavender because Lauren’s family owns Sunshine Lavender Farm. I suggested that they could incorporate the lavender at their sparkler exit and loved how it turned out!
- The whole reception space, but especially the head table, was beautifully designed and provided an elegant space for their wedding party and guests to dine.
- It rained on Lauren and Wally’s day last year, so I really wanted some sun for them this year. We got some rain, but it held off for family portraits on the terrace, and only added to the fun during the send-off!
Lauren and Wally, thank you so much for trusting us to photograph your day. We loved working with you two and hope you love the resulting images as much as we do! Cheers to a long and joyous married life!
Thank you to the team for your hard work on this beautiful wedding:
Planning, coordination, & florals: @plumeevents
Hair and makeup: @fancyknot
Rentals: @ce_rental_raleigh & @greenhousepickersisters