One of our favorite things to document as Durham newborn photographers is a big sibling welcoming home a new little one into the family!
It’s always such a pleasure to get to see a big sister in action, especially as one as sweet as this one!
As always, we love leaving you with a few suggestions for a successful newborn session, especially if you have never done one before!
- Make sure your little one is well-fed: milk-drunk babies are usually happy babies!
- Keep your house warm, especially if you want skin-to-skin photos of baby or photos with only a diaper on!
- If older siblings will be included in the session, plan to give them some breaks. Let them know that they will be asked to be in a few photos, but then they can do x, y, or z (read on their own, play with grandma, etc., look forward to a family outing together). Same goes with a pup — plan to include them in a few photos, but not all!
- Don’t plan anything else for that day — newborn life is hard enough so let this be the only thing you need to worry about on that day!
- Grab a cute swaddle that you’re excited about — we love the soft, stretchy ones from Lou Lou & Co.
Alexis and John, thanks for trusting us with these photos! We can’t wait for your album to come in so you’ll get to look through these for years to come!