January 20, 2020
This past December, we took a trip with Everest to visit friends and experience Christmas in New York city, and saw lots of city highlights with him for the first time!
Unfortunately, while this post does not have the dining and sights recommendations that are typical of our travel posts, we do have an exciting announcement for you at the end of it! We happened to reread over our Savannah travel guide recently and, well, let’s just say that traveling with a toddler is very different!
So what did we do?
- Our friends Lauren and Vaughan were in NYC at the same time as us, so we met up with them in Central Park! See photos from our time together below!
- We took Evs to Rockefeller Center where he was so transfixed by the tree and the light show on the Saks building across from it.
- We spent time with our close friends and their littles, going to the Bryant Park Christmas market and having lots of meals together.
- We walked across the Brooklyn Bridge together. The sun was setting and we got a couple of great shots of Manhattan.
- We went to one of my favorite museums, the Met! I love the impressionist paintings and could stare at them for hours.
The big announcement!
After being in New York and getting film scans back, we realized how much we would love to share our travel photographs with you! We often hear comments about them in our home and would love to be able to allow those of you who want gorgeous art in your home to order it directly from the print labs that we work with. So we’ve collected our favorites and added them to our fine art print shop! Click below to go directly there!
The print shop allows you to choose between a ready to hang piece of matted and framed art, or you can choose a deckled print that you can frame yourself in a floating frame (we love those!), or you can DIY the whole process by ordering a digital download and handling the printing and framing yourself. We can’t wait to see what you do with these photos in your home, so please let us know!
A few tips for New York with a toddler:
- Everest learned how to walk just before this trip! For your own comfort, we advise picking an Airbnb that you won’t share with other guests or a hotel room, even though we know that will be more expensive!
- Strollers and subways: we brought Everest’s car seat with us because you can check those free on flights. We used the car seat a few times in NYC when we used an Uber to get from the airport to our AirBnb and back, but mostly used the stroller otherwise. Getting around with a stroller is not…ideal. But, it can hold a lot of things and for winter weather, that was definitely useful. If you’re only going to be somewhere for a few days and your baby is younger, maybe try babywearing instead!
- We love traveling with things like these placemats. They put our minds at ease when eating out with Evs and they can be disposed of after you’re done!