This year, we’re making sure all of our holi-days are meaningful as we head into Christmas season. We love celebrations and we love making sure each moment and each day counts. We’re not always good at it, because it takes planning ahead and sometimes a little sacrifice. But in this season of life, when everything seems to be going at breakneck speed, we want to make sure we’re soaking up all of the little things, making time for big and small joys, and using our time the way we want to.
This year, we made a list of 25 things we want to do, one for each day of December until Christmas. We curled up with some wine and our puppy girl as we (Ian) fired up the wood burning stove for the first time this year, and wrote down the following 25 things. Some of these items are small things we can do for other people, and some are just for us. You’re welcome to join in on the fun and replace the things you can’t do with other activities that you can! Happy holidays, everyone!
- Watch Love Actually
- American Tobacco Campus tower lighting
- Cut down our Christmas Tree
- Decorate our home
- Send out Christmas cards
- Student U-letide
- Make wrapping paper & gift tags
- Watch Charlie Brown
- Make a fire and eat s’mores
- Make a wreath
- Fulfill a child’s Christmas list
- Bake holiday cookies for others
- Write someone a kind note
- Make a handmade card
- Offer a stranger a compliment
- Go see the Rockefeller tree
- Read a story with Eliana
- Direct someone to our parking spot
- Buy someone a holiday drink
- Wrap all Christmas presents
- Make mulled cider
- Hot chocolate and letters by the fire
- Drive to see the lights
- Watch Scrooged with the family
- Spend time with family on Christmas!
What are some of your favorite things to do during this season? Leave us a comment below and let us know!